Monday, August 11, 2008

Session 2, Round 1 - ding ding ding

The second session of attack began this morning in Greenville. Sharon started the chemo pump and daily radiation. This is a new chemotherapy drug that helps intensify the radiation. The goal is to continue thinning out the tumor and shrink it. It may last up to 6 weeks with Sharon and Tim occasionally spending weekends Asheville.

Let's KO this jerk of a tumor!

1 comment:

Krystyn said...

Sharon & Tim,

When I returned from MO Catherine told me she heard from you and she had a website where we could keep in touch. Tonight she finally found it. I am so glad. I've read the story of your journey and truly enjoyed seeing the love on your faces in the photos.

You've both been in my thoughts and prayers. I frequently express my gratitude to you,Sharon as I enjoy living in this house and playing in the yard. I've felt like I was camping for the past 20 years. I no longer feel homeless. Thank you so much.

A few weeks ago we were visited by an out of state professional pianist. He loved the sound of the grand in this living room. For a while I thought we might be acquiring a new roommate, but he finally went home. We did a lot of singing and playing the day he was here and it was really good.

Sharon, I can't imagine you being ill, so I won't. I will only see you as the vibrante, happy, fun-loving, compassionate person I've know since last fall. I'm sending you lots of positive energy to be used as you need it. You'll know how best to spend it.

You don't want me to cook for you, but I'd love to be a "Sharon-sitter" when you are in Asheville.

Peace and blessings to you both.
Catherine sends her love.

Krystyn, in Jack's House